hit tracker

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Kenshin, My beloved Aspin.

When Sakura died 6 years ago, I thought that I am no longer capable of owning another dog, the pain was too much for me to bear, and I thought that my heart will never welcome another dog again. Until, one of my colleague told me that his dog gave birth to 5 healthy puppies. He said, that their dog is a Papillion, and he will just sell the puppy for 500 pesos, so I was like "OMG, I can have a purebred Papillion for 500 pesos only"
Papillion Puppy
So there, my impulsive personality kicked in and I have decided right away that I will take one of the puppy with me, we decided to meet at SM Sta.Mesa, because he can't bring the puppy to work. He handed me a paper bag with a shoe box inside, I opened the box, and saw this cute little 2 month old puppy.
Kenshin's version of a Papillion Puppy
I asked my friend if he was sure regarding the dog's breed, and he confidently said yes. And because we are friends I trusted him. When my mom, saw Kenshin for the first time, she thought that maybe he is a cross between a Papillion and a Chihuahua or a Papillion and a Minipin. Being dogless for almost 1 year, I no longer have any supplies for my new puppy, so I fed him Cerelac and we visit the vet the next day, for his shots and everything.

After a week or so, I noticed that something have changed with his looks, his ears are no longer erected.The position of his ears keeps on changing every week, sometimes it's erected sometimes it's down.

We won a dog photo contest
 As Kenshin grows, I realized that my dog doesn't have a pure blood. But one thing is for sure he is 100% dog. My love for Kenshin did not changed a bit, even if my expectation of owning a pure bred did not happen. He is an extra ordinary dog, he loves to hide under the bed, that's why I called him "the green eyed monster"

wacky
Despite of the fact that he is a mutt, I can say that he is extra ordinary. He is a happy go lucky dog, he taught me how to enjoy our daily walks, he taught me to appreciate the beauty of nature, to dance in the rain, and to chase the butterflies. He healed my wounded heart, he healed my soul completely, at first I do not allow him to sleep with me, because I do not want to be attached with this happy soul.

Grown up Kenshin
 I was not able to stop myself from falling in love with this handsome dog, so I gave him my heart completely, and I am sure that he will take care of it. Kenshin, is kinda spoiled, he is using the power of his eyes to get what he wants. Can you remember Santino? That kid is my dog's peg.
Now that Kenshin is already 4 years old, I always make sure to walk him everyday, feed him nutritious foods, and of course i always make sure to make him feel how lucky I am to be his guardian. I don't fail to make him feel that he is a blessing to me. Now I already have three happy dogs, and Kenshin is happy taking the role of an older brother to other members of our pack. 









2 comments :

  1. Aww this is so sweet! purebred or not, dogs are still dogs, we love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Lover!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)