hit tracker

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Dog Person for the month of May.

I never thought that maintaining a blog would be challenging. First of, I do not have a camera or a mobile phone with a camera, therefore I cannot record memorable experiences that I can blog. But, then again I remembered the main reason why I decided to blog, I blog because I wanted to make a difference, I blog because I believe that I have something to say. I blog because I want to.

And then, I was able to meet an epitome of animal lovers in the Philippines. Her name is Tina Alviar Agbayani. Well, I met her on Facebook, and I was inspired by her since day one.
Tina with one of the rescued Pitbull
Maybe you are wondering why I consider her the epitome of animal lovers in the Philippines, Tina is not only a mother to her children, she is also a mother to her dogs, chinchilla, turtle and iguana. All her dogs are rescued from different animal shelters, and that is one thing that I love about her. She can actually buy pure bred dogs, but she preferred to save lives.

Tina's son at SAWS
I can say that she is one of the kindest mother on earth, because she is teaching her children how to treat animals with respect.
Shelter Dogs
Tina and the shelter dogs
Like mother like son
Tina decided to adopt Pola
Tiger, Tina's Foster Dog
The dogs of AARRC
                Tina is not looking at the dog's physical appearance and breed, she love them all.
Poypoy, Tina's son and Bianca her quadriplegic dog
I am sure that having a quadriplegic dog is not easy, some people will just abandon a dog with this condition, or worst they may even euthanize her. But not Tina, she decided to keep Bianca and gave her a chance to live like ordinary dog.
Bipp bipp the dog with two legs and Bianca
Bipp bipp and Parvati
Tina, Bianca and Seb the other amputee dog
Seb
Tina's son with Bianca during Pet Express Fun run
Tina's son with Padma another dog that was rescued by Tina
Padma with Tina's kids
Tina is teaching her children the value of compassion, and she is a good example of a responsible parent. Imagine, she was able to take good care of her children, she was a mom to her dogs and to other creatures in her household, and she is even volunteering some of her time to animal shelters.

Tina's dust bunny
Tina's Iguana
Tina's turtles
Tina deserve to be in my list of "Dog People of the Month" She is indeed an inspiration to all, because of her, I was able to realize that dog lovers should not expect animal shelters to do all the rescue and stuffs, there are times wherein we need to step up, and do things on our own. Animal Shelters will not be able to save all the stray animals, but if all dog lovers will stand as one unit to accomplish a goal, then nothing is impossible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I have just recently learned that Mandaluyong City have put up their own Animal Shelter, and they also need all the help that they can get, if you are located near Mandaluyong, please be kind enough to visit the dogs and provide some help.


Pictures was taken from Tina Alviar Agbayani's Facebook account :)

If you have any questions regarding my blog, feel free to email me at akvicencio(at)gmail.com


13 comments :

  1. i think you a wonderful job with your blog by showing these poor animals, which are given a second chance, life :)
    following you
    have a sunny day
    xx
    http://theothersideofwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, you do a wonderful job is there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it s great all this crusade you are doing for poor dogs :)
    thank you for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome Magda. And thank you for appreciating my blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristine, maintainig a blog certainly can be challenging. More than I realized as well. But it can also be extremeley rewarding. I believe that you do have something say, and that it is something that needs to be said. I hope you are very proud of your blog and what you are doing. You are real and sincere and I was touched by your post. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jon, I love your blog as well. :)

      Delete
  6. Just a while ago, my nephew and I were talking about "dog blogs" and now i stumble upon your blog. Coincidence! Great dog blog you have here. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating my blog Ric! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks again Kristine.. I'll also include your blog on my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i literally just read about a man in Ft. Worth Texas that makes wheelchairs etc. for dogs by donation...his name is Jerry West contact Anarchy Animal Rescue, this could be a match made in heaven!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim, I will get in touch with Jerry West right away, I am sure that Tina would be so happy. As well as her dogs Bianca, Bipbip and Seb. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      I like the blog, its awesome.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  9. Good job kristine! I will share this to everyone.:)

    ReplyDelete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)