hit tracker

Monday, 11 June 2012

Canine Superstar for the 1st week of June: Hunter



Hi guys, welcome to Everything is Better with Dog's hair blog! Well I am blogging today to let you know that I have decided to feature a "Canine Superstar" every week. Maybe you are asking for the qualifications that I am looking for, well there are no qualifications, I know a Canine Superstar when I see one, in fact every dog is a Superstar in their own right, it's just that there are dogs who excel more than their peers.

I decided to feature these dogs because I wanted to raise an awareness about responsible pet ownership, or what I want to call the "Responsible Dog Guardianship Project". As a dog guardian myself, I believe that dogs are not status symbols, they are not supposed to be treated as properties, they are not supposed to be caged all the time, and they are not disposable. DOGS ARE FOR LIFE!!!



Guys meet Canine Superstar Hunter.
Canine Superstar for the 1st week of June: Hunter

He was diagnosed with Canine Hip Dysplasia at the age of 7 months, but it did not stopped him from enjoying his life to the fullest with the help of Atty. Jennie Cerrada who exerted time and effort rehabilitating his muscles with frequent swims when he was a puppy and as a result he's still completely mobile at 5 years old now.
1st BetterDog Agility Fun Match ,,photo by: Bong Rollan
Hunter at Pet Express Fun Run
Hunter at The A-MAZE-ING Garden Adventure,, photo by: Danica Ang
The BetterDogs Games 2011
Hunter at Pet Express Fun Run 2012
According to Atty. Jen, Hunter still limps after very strenous activity and he is a bit stiff getting up in the morning, but other than that he does everything any "normal dog" do, with special precautions of course.



Hunter with his barkada :)
Hunter and Friends
The Goldies! Meadow, Hunter and the late Cash
Hunter swimming with friends,, Photo by: Bachuychuy Alamis
Hunter swimming with another set of friends,, photo by: Kris Ty
Hunter with his BFFs
Hunter is also a model, and here is his portfolio. (Some photos where taken for fun, but still it looks very professional.)  I think I can apply as his agent :)
Hunter modelling EzyDog Flotation vest
Hunter modelling Ezydog Elements Jacket in Camo Green
Hunter Wearing Thundershirt
Merry Christmas Hunter! :)
Happy Easter Hunter! :)
Costumes are also for big dogs--Hunter

Happy Halloween Hunter


Hunter knows over fifty commands/tricks and he learned everything through positive reinforcement training. Atty. Jen and Hunter trained at Betterdog Canine Behavior Center and they have learned so much from Jojo Isorena, Brad feliciano and Elsie Araneta, they learned the importance of human-canine relationship and how to use that bond to learn new things.
Hunter at PDAA and BetterDog workshop
Hunter at PDAA and BetterDog workshop
Hunter and Jacob at PDAA and BetterDog workshop
 Because of the training, they were able to showcase Hunter's talents through 3 commercials to date (Surf 5 in 1, C-lium and Mcdonalds) Hunter is also the first dog to be certified as having passed the Canine Life and Social Skills (C.L.A.S.S) program of the Amercian Association of Pet Dog Trainers earning a BS with Honors degree. Hunter is a well travelled dog, and he goes everywhere Atty. Jen go ( where dogs are allowed) he has been to Baguio, Subic, Tagaytay, Calatagan, Nasugbu, Lian, Anilao, and Laiya among others.






I was not able to post the videos of Hunter because I do not know how. Unfortunately I can only post videos from YouTube, but anyway if you would like to know Hunter more, you can visit his Multiply page at: http://woofsandwags.multiply.com/  and like his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/woofsandwags?ref=ts

While I was doing this article about Hunter, I realized that it takes an extraordinary dog guardian to raise an extraordinary dog like Hunter. I was inspired to do more with my dogs because of Hunter, I hope you were able to realize something as well. Thank you for reading my blog. :)
If you have any questions regarding the contents of my blog please email me at akvicencio@gmail.com. If you would like to get Hunter as a talent, please message his mom through his Facebook account.

4 comments :

  1. Hunter sounds like an awesome personality, I love Goldens, they are one of my favorite dogs.

    I really like what you do with your blog. I think it is important for people to realize that pets should be a fun part of our lives, and not just a posession. I enjoy your positive attitude, and your passion for dogs and dog people.

    I'll be looking forward to your next post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon,

      Thank you for appreciating my blog, I really hope that I can raise an awareness about proper treatment of dogs. :)

      Delete
  2. You certainly have posted some great shots of dogs. Keep the good work up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kieran! I loved your blog too :)

      Delete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)