hit tracker

Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Cooking for your dog.

I was not able to blog for quite sometime and I missed sharing usable information to my readers. Honestly, I am quite alarmed because I was just informed that using photos and articles without quoting the author and photographer may get me in trouble. Gee, I didn't know that, all this time I thought that I can use everything that I see online without notifying anyone, not unless there is the "copyright" word. I think that it has been the practice of most bloggers, so I am not alone. Anyway, to avoid future problems, I promise to state the website where I took the information from, or at least I will include the phrase "inspired by".

Because of dog food recall every now and then, I decided to stop feeding my dogs commercial dog foods, instead I started cooking for them, and because I prepare human food, my family can also enjoy it. I was able to get these awesome recipes on this site.

photo source: http://nycpooch.com/blog/2012/07/31/14-humans-foods-your-dog-can-eat/


1. Homemade dog chow.

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds (approx 1 kg) minced chicken or dog mince
  • 1/2 cup rice
  • 1 cup macaroni
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 1 tablespoon gravy mix
  • 5 cups water
 Procedure:


  1. In a soup pot or large saucepan, brown the chicken lightly.


  2. In a separate saucepan, boil the macaroni and rice in 2 cups of water.


  3. Allow these to boil until they're very soft and overcooked. You'll notice that the pasta and rice will expand significantly.


  4. Add another 3 cups of water to the cooked chicken and break up the mince so it doesn't form clumps.


  5. Chop the carrot and celery in a food processor so they're in very small, easily digestible pieces and add them to the chicken and allow them to cook until they soften.


  6. When the rice and pasta have absorbed the majority of the water in the saucepan, pour them into the chicken mixture.


  7. Stir occasionally to stop the chicken from sticking to the bottom.


  8. In a small cup or jug, mix the gravy mix and a little boiling water to form a smooth paste. Pour the gravy mix into the chicken and stir well.


  9. Remove the mixture from the heat and pour into a airtight container.


  10. This recipe will store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
photo source: google images


High Energy Homemade Dog Food

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds (around 1kg) minced chicken or dog mince
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1/2 cup green beans
  • 5 cups water
  • 1 cup chicken stock
 Procedure:

  1. Place the meat and 2 cups water and 1 cup of chicken stock in a soup pot and cook over a medium heat until meat is cooked through.


  2. While the meat is cooking, place the oats and rice in a separate saucepan and boil in 3 cups of water until the oats have expanded and absorbed the majority of the liquid. This should take around 10 minutes.


  3. When the oats and rice are cooked, pour them into the soup pot with the meat and continue cooking.


  4. Process the vegetables in a food processor and add them to the chicken mince.


  5. Cook the vegetables until everything is softened and the liquid is absorbed.


  6. Remove the homemade dog food mixture from the heat and pour into an airtight container.


  7. This recipe will store in the fridge for up to 3 days.

2 comments :

  1. Bulldogs are determined, persistent, and do not give up easily. People who own bulldogs are said to be silly and love to laugh but can be viewed as stubborn at times. They are extremely efficient and methodical in completing tasks. While they appear intimidating, bulldogs are gentle and loving members of the family known for being hopeless romantics with sentimental streaks. great dog site

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to give my dog a special food for his first birthday and my friend told me to cook a food for him. I do some research some recipe on the internet and try to prepare it. I think this is the perfect food for my dog that he will love so much. I will also ask the vets swale to more advice. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)