hit tracker

Thursday, 29 August 2013

My history with dogs, its been a long one. A Guest Post from Roman of www.askkeys.com



 I have been a pet owner 17 years and have had 8 dogs during that time so I can tell you a thing or two about dog care. First of all I did not have all these dogs at once but I did have a wide variety of dogs from Shih tzus to a German Shepperd. Most of these have been recused dogs as I prefer to get a dog in need than a cute puppy. Lets face it an adorable puppy will have no problem getting picked up but a sick or "ugly" dog might never find a home. That thought saddens me so I get dogs in need. An example is my dog blue who had a blind and enlarged eye from a fight early on in his life and he tripped over EVERYTHING but i loved him just as i would have loved a cute puppy. I love my dogs so I only feed them the best and I will give you examples of the foods I buy so that you can also feed your dog the best. 



Alternatives to Brand name food.


Before I get into the actual brands themselves I would like to give you a food tips and that is to use coupons. Good dog foods do not come cheap so I recommend stacking up on dog food coupons so your purchase is less costly, and if price is really a hindrance you can always make your own dog food! I don't recommend just mixing random stuff together, do your research first and determine what fits for your dog the best. If you have a small dog don't include really heavy ingredients as they might bit difficult for them to digest it properly and just make them sick. A budget friendly alternative is using things such as Hamburger and Liver or you can even make a vegetarian version with oats, vegetables and brown rice.



Best brand foods for you pal.


 Now getting to the brand food, get brand food that is specifically made for your breed of dog because they can help with specific breed needs, a good example would be Royal Canin It is easily found at your local Petco and you get a 35 Lbs bag for around $45 dollars. This brand is very specific to breeds so you dog is eating what will best help him or her be healthy. Avoderm Natural is a great option if your dog has a sensitive stomach as one of my dogs did. The poor thing could just keep down the generic brands and was too skinny until I found this option. Avoderm natural is oven baked so there are no added grease or oils. My third go to brand is Eukanuba which I came across when asking the workers at Pet Smart for food for an older dog. My dog Scooby is pretty old and it seemed like his joints were bothering him as he no longer wanted to run around. Eukanuba contains glucosamine and Omega 6 fatty acids and other nutrients to help with joint support as well as overall nutrition. If you choose a name brand of if you decided to make the food yourself remember that you need to get whats best for your specific dog and even though it might take a bit more time it is worth it to have you best friend be happy and healthy.



Author info: Roman is the editor of www.askkeys.com a websites which focuses on coupons and savings.

4 comments :

  1. Each dog with “World Class” in front of their name is from our breeding program and the others are chosen from affiliates that breed for the proper temperaments, stability, and nerves needed for the training we offer.
    Georgia Dog Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad I found your blog. Thanks for the sensible critique. I and my friends were just preparing to do a little analysis about this. I'm very glad to see such good information being shared freely out there.

    Kind Regards,

    Colin Seal
    dog barking collar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Therе. Ӏ discovered your weblokg the usage of msn.
    Thhat iss an extrеmely smaгtly written articlе. I'll make
    sure to bookmark itt andd retuгn to reaԁ more of
    your helpful info. Thankѕ for the post.
    I will definitely retսrn.

    Alsο visit my website - christmas shopping offers london

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty pleased to discover this site. I wanted to
    thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!!
    I definitely loved every part of it and I have you saved as a favorite too look at neww things inn your blog.


    Here is myy site ... discount sale free branson shopping coupons

    ReplyDelete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)