hit tracker

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Remembering Einstein

December 24, 2009 - October 16, 2013

It has been 4 months since Einstein crossed the rainbow bridge and the pain of his passing is still too intense for me to handle. He was such a sweet and loving dog, and his early death is something that is hard to accept.

In order to finally let go of the pain, I decided to blog about Einstein, my relationship with him and how he made me happy.



I always wanted to have another dog that will accompany Kenshin everytime I need to go to work, because Kenshin is suffering from separation anxiety and he always howls everytime he is left alone, so I thought that the best thing for me to do is to get him a friend, so I searched online hoping to find the perfect buddy for my first born. And after a couple of clicks I found him, I actually thought that he was a Shih tzu, but then I was told that he is a purebred Lhasa Apso, the breeder was kind enough to tell me everything that I need to know regarding the breed, she even invited me to check the dam and sire.


On May 1, 2010, I went to San Juan to finally meet Einstein and even before our meet up, I've already asked the breeder to call him Einstein, I even sent her my picture so that she can show it to the dog before I show up at their house, I know that it's kinda weird but that's who I am. Weird.

Right after I went inside of the property, I've already seen my new best friend wagging his tail inside his crate, I was almost teary eyed, it was a love at first sight. It was a love that is meant to be, the gorgeous dog that I am looking at is meant to be mine.

When he was handed over to me, I was trembling to touch him, his coat was cotton soft, then he licked my face, and there I knew that I am in love. I am in love for the second time around, first with Kenshin and then with Einstein. I hugged him tight and I whispered sweet nothings on his ear. I was delighted, my heart is full of happiness that is indescribable.



We rode a cab on our way home, and he was just sitting on my lap looking at me, I was looking at him too, there I knew that the fluffy ball of fur that I am holding do have a soul, an innocent soul that is full of love, honesty, loyalty and compassion.

I introduced him to Kenshin and they have been inseparable since day one, they were able to create a bond that is meant to last until the end of their dog years.


We spent a lot of time together, I made sure to devote my rest days into brushing his luscious coat. I always walk them around our neighborhood, we spent time in the park watching the kids play touch ball. 

I always talk to Einstein, about this dog eat dog world that we have. I told him that I need to be strong in order to survive. He is always ready to listen to my dramas and he never judged me, he knew everything about me, my flaws, my insecurities and my fears and yet he loved me unconditionally.


I can go on and on, but I decided to stop here. Einstein may just be a dog to some people. But for me, he was a part of my pack, a part of my family, a part of an important memory that will forever stay in my heart. Losing him was not easy, it was one of the most painful experience that I need to overcome. But loving him was the best feeling that I have ever felt, Einstein may have left me earlier than what I have expected but he was able to live his life to the fullest, and I can say that he died happy and contented.

4 comments :

  1. Losing a member of the family is one of the hardest things we will go through and that Einstein's life was cut short just makes it that much more difficult.

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope blogging about him will help in the healing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It may have been painful but I know that Einstein is already in the rainbow bridge now.

      Delete
  2. we hope blogging about him will help in the healing process.

    ReplyDelete

I encourage healthy discussion on my blog. :)